Picture Your Pet Day
Willow Creek Crossing Apartments is hosting a “Picture Your Pet Day” for all residents, their friends, and their family members to get their photos taken with their pets by a professional photographer from 4Ever Photography. The pictures will be taken outside of our Clubhouse, weather-permitting on Wednesday, October 19 from 2:30-6:30pm.
A free 4×6 print will be provided to every resident in exchange for a donation to the Fort Wayne Pet Food Pantry. You will have the opportunity to purchase more sizes from the photographer if you choose.
The FW Pet Food Pantry is a local, non-profit organization who aims to provide pet food at no cost to families who cannot afford to feed their dogs and cats.
- The Pet Pantry is most in need of the following items:
- Dry and canned food for dogs, puppies, cats, and kittens
- Treats for dogs and cats
- Toys for dogs and cats
- Cat litter
We are encouraging all participants to dress up in costume (including pets) however, feel free to come in regular attire as well.
This is not just for our pet owners! We encourage residents to invite friends and family to come by and get a photo taken. As long as you have a donation in hand, you may get your picture taken and receive a print. If you are not a pet owner, bring your favorite friend or stuffed animal and join us!
If you invite your family & friends, and they plan to bring their own pets, please remember that breed restrictions WILL apply! No exotic animals.
All dogs must be up-to-date on their vaccinations, and leashed on a non-retractable leash.
Hope to see you there!
It’s time again for our semi-annual smoke alarm battery checks and furnace filter changes. Barring an emergency, we plan to enter everyone’s apartments throughout November. As we perform this seasonal maintenance, we will also be doing a quick inspection of each apartment. Why? During our property inspection in August, we learned that we will need to better monitor the upkeep of our apartments. In the randomly selected apartments that were inspected, we found a number of residents were not requesting essential maintenance service.
Additionally, we learned that furniture and electronics may not be placed in such a way to block egress to windows and doors, or to cause a trip hazard.
As a result of the inspection, we are embarking on a campaign to inform our residents of what they need to do to keep their apartments safe and in good repair. We appreciate your cooperation during this important process.
In addition to checking smoke alarms and changing furnace filters (where applicable), we will be looking at:
- Plumbing connections at hot water heaters and washers (where applicable)
- Missing or broken light switch plates or electric outlet covers
- Trip hazards – wires or cords strewn about, running across walking paths, etc.
- Furniture placement – cannot be placed in front of windows/doors, or too close to baseboard heaters (where applicable)
- Carpet conditions
- The condition of patio and window blinds
- Evidence of neglect or hoarding
If we find deficiencies in your apartment, we will leave documentation in your apartment.
First on the schedule will be apartments with furnace filters. Those are apartments on Mill Run Road; East Lawn Drive; 7601 to 7647 Lake ride Drive and Town homes. We will follow with apartments on Lakeridge Drive that have baseboard heaters.
We will post a note on your door no later than the day before we will be entering your apartment. In preparation, please have the noted areas clear and make sure that all pets are crated, or that you have arrange for someone to be present in the apartment during your scheduled day.
- If you purchase a higher grade furnace filter that you want us to install, please leave it in plain slight on your scheduled day.
- We regret, due to a strict schedule, we cannot perform impromptu maintenance request while we are in your apartment for this special project
- Due to the scale of this project, we are unable to make appointments.
We appreciate your cooperation in helping us keep Willow Creek Crossing a safe and well-kept apartment community for all of our residents!
Recycling Now Available at Willow Creek Crossing Apartments!
In our last newsletter, we included a questionnaire to find out if there was intereinst in beginning a recycling program here at Willow Creek Crossing Apartments. The response was an overwhelming YES!
Willow Creek is pleased to announce that Recycling is now available! The new recycling-only dumpster located in the leasing office parking lot, closest to the tennis court. It is similar to the other on-site receptacles, however this one is marked with various symbols indicating that it is for recyclables only.
What to Recycle:
The items that are permitted to be recycled are:
- plastic bottles and containers
- paper products (brown paper bags, non-confidential office paper, newspapers, and magazines)
- paper cardboard and juice containers
- flattened cardboard and paperboard
- glass bottles and jars
What NOT to Recycle
The following items are not permitted in the recycle-only bin. Please continue to throw these in the regular trash bins:
- food waste
- plastic bags including food bags such as bread bags (except the bag that you put your permitted items in)
- polystyrene foam cups and containers
- plastic toys
- dishes or drinking glasses
- pots & pans
- hardback books
- food contaminated paper such as greasy pizza boxes
- toilet paper
- paper towel
We appreciate all of the input we were given and participation in the new recycling program. We have high hopes for the success of this new project! If you would like more information on what can and cannot be recycled, please see the list on the City of Fort Wayne web site. Even though it is for the one cart recycling program, the same rules apply to our recycling bin.
Subscribe to Our Blog
Keep up-to-date with what’s going on at Willow Creek Crossing Apartments by subscribing to our blog by entering your email in the box to the right.