Spring Break Fun in Fort Wayne
What to Do in Fort Wayne for Spring Break
It’s great to get away for Spring Break, but if you are choosing to stay in town there is still plenty of fun and relaxation to be had. Here are some suggestions on how to have an awesome “stay-cation” right here in Fort Wayne.
Visit Fort Wayne has written up a Spring Break Getaway guide for visitors to our hometown . Just because we aren’t visiting doesn’t mean we can’t participate in the fun!
There’s also information about performances of the Fort Wayne Ballet, Fort Wayne Philharmonic and the Civic Theater. And a complete list of fun food and dining options all around the area.
As you know, weather this time of year can be hit or miss. We’ll probably have a mix of great Springtime weather and some days of Old Man Winter still hanging around (some guests just can’t take a hint that it’s time to hit the road…).
Our world-famous Children’s Zoo opens April 25 — probably later than most Spring Breaks, but mark your calendar’s anyway. This year the Zoo celebrates its 50th Birthday — lots of fun events are already scheduled!
For the not-so-decent weather days, visit (or re-visit):
- The Fort Wayne Museum of Art
- The Botanical Conservatory – Easter in the Garden is April 3rd — meet the Easter Bunny!
- The Main Library downtown or any of the local branches
- Jefferson Pointe and Glenbrook Mall to get your shop on
- a day of exploring thrift and resale stores would be fun, too
- movies at the big theaters (Carmike and Regal)
- or go off the beaten path and check out a movie at Cinema Center or Northwood Cinema Grill
Don’t forget family friendly (and energy-burning for the kids) activities like:
There’s also a lot to do right here at Willow Creek Crossing Apartments:
- Hit the court for tennis or beach volleyball
- Shoot a game of pool or challenge your friends to a game of ping-pong in our billiard room
- Hit the fitness center
- Have a cookout at one of the park grills
Whatever you decide to do, have a fun-filled, memory-making Spring Break!