Fort Wayne in July: What to Do
When it comes to Summer festivals and events, Fort Wayne never disappoints. Check out some of the great happenings around town.
July’s highlight is the annual return of the Three Rivers Festival! Friday July 10 through Saturday July 18. The Festival draws over half a million people Downtown to hear music, eat great food, watch the parade, and enjoy 80+ other related events . Check out the concert listings and find out how to get the MEGA MUSIC PASS to get into as many of the concerts as you like (and save some big bucks!). Unfortunately, due to the flooding, the raft race and a couple other events were cancelled, but there’s still a lot of fun to be had!
Of course, we can’t forget about the 4th! Fort Wayne’s 4th of July Fireworks start at 10PM off the One Summit Square building downtown. Bring a blanket or lawn chair and camp out on the courthouse square for a great view!
Other fun activities in July include:
- The Allen County Public Library hosts lots of kid-friendly concerts all summer, as well as the Saturday evening Rock the Plaza concerts
- Every Friday night at the Courtyard Fountain at Jefferson Pointe enjoy live local music at the Friday Nites Live concert series
- The YLNI Barr Street Farmers Market is every Saturday and “offers fresh and unique local produce, plants, meats, baked goods and homemade crafts in a cultural outdoor setting. Every vendor is local, coming from Allen or surrounding counties.”
- Until July 15 Artlink Gallery will have the Exquisite Corpse Exhibition and Left to Ruin Invitational showing works of art (inspired by a game played by artists of the Surrealist Movement) where at least two artists or writers work together to create a single piece
- Enjoy lunch and music at Lunch on the Plaza — food trucks and great local music every Thursday, Downtown at the Indiana Michigan Power Center Plaza 11:30 p.m. – 1:30 p.m.
- The Tincaps! Check out the July game schedule. Stay after the game on the 4th for a great seat for the downtown fireworks!
Happy 4th of July — enjoy the month! We’ll have more fun suggestions for August at the end of the month.