What to Do on Rainy Days in Fort Wayne
Rain, Rain, Go Away…
The past few weeks, Fort Wayne sure has lived up to its nickname…. Fort Rain! However wet and dreary the weather’s been lately (with more on the way), Fort Wayne still has a lot of fun things to offer! Suggestions for a rainy day? Read on.
- Sample some tasty treats at a Debrands Chocolate Tour. Memorial Day through Labor Day, Tuesdays and Thursdays, 10am and 1pm there are open tours of Debrands production headquarters (including samples!). Groups of 12 or more can book tours for specific days and times.
- Wear the kids out at the Kids’ Korner Indoor Playground which has recently opened at the McMillen Park Community Center. Cost is just $1
- Wear them out some more during “Open Skate” or “Bounce Mania” hours at Canlan Ice Sports.
- Check out the exhibits at the Fort Wayne Museum of Art — current exhibits are “Summer of Glass III” and “Dennis McNett: Legend of the Wolfbat”. Then pop across the street to the Artlink Galleries — currently exhibiting “Exquisite Corpse”. And, you can get lunch without leaving the building at Pembroke Bakery & Cafe (renowned for it’s large selection of vegan and gluten-free options).
- Enjoy nature (while staying dry) at the Foellinger-Friemann Botanical Conservatory. The live butterfly exhibit is only for a little bit longer — until July 5!
- Catch a movie at any of the megaplexes around town… or for something a little different from the summer blockbusters, Cinema Center has daytime movie showings — check out their schedule!
- Get some retro indoor entertainment — it never goes out of style:
bowling! Thunderbowl or Westwood Lanes are the closest to Willow Creek Apartments (but there are a number of others all around town)
- Roller skating! Rollerdome South is just minutes away.
Sunny days will be here soon and you’ll be enjoying the swimming pools here at Willow Creek Crossing Apartments and all of the other great outdoor activities in our area. But don’t let the rain keep you inside — there is still plenty of fun to be had around Fort Wayne!