How to Save Money on Your Apartment Heating Bills this Winter
Some energy-efficient ways to heat your apartment
If this winter in Fort Wayne is anything like last year’s, we have a lot of frigid days and nights ahead of us. If you aren’t careful, your apartment’s heating bill can go through the roof before you know it. Here are some tips to help you keep your winter heating costs at a reasonable level this winter:
- Keep your thermostat at consistent settings. Lower it during the day when no one is home, and at night after everyone is asleep.
- Layer clothing, rather than turning up the heat
- Keep window shades and curtains closed at night and open during daylight hours. The extra sunlight will help to add some natural warmth to your apartment.
- Keep some extra blankets around. When you get cold, rather than turning up the thermostat, cozy up under a warm blanket.
- In order to improve circulation, keep your registers free from obstacles such as furniture and drapes.
- Use exhaust fans sparingly. When your exhaust fan runs, it quickly pulls heated air out of your apartment.
- Take quicker showers; afterward, open your bathroom door to allow heated air to circulate around your apartment.
- Avoid going in and out needlessly – warm air rushes out every time you open your door.
- If there is a room you don’t use often (such as a spare bedroom), keep the door closed off.
Hopefully, these tips can help you keep your apartment’s heating bill at a minimum this winter. From all of us at Willow Creek Crossing Apartments in Fort Wayne, we hope you have a safe and warm winter!