Last Minute Holiday Shopping Tips
Some Tips for Surviving the Holiday Season
Christmas is almost here! If you are a procrastinator, like many of us, you might just be getting around to thinking about buying holiday gifts. That’s OK, don’t fret. There is still time to find thoughtful gifts for everyone on your list. If you don’t know where to start, here are some quick ideas that will be greatly appreciated and won’t break the bank!
An essential first step before you begin shopping willy-nilly, is to jot down a list of your recipients with a gift idea or two for each one. Review the list with your eye on convenience — which store or websites will allow you to get the most gifts at once. Start there! Then group the rest into “other errands” and “time in front of the computer”. Block out some time in your calendar and get to gifting!
- make a gift bag or basket of favorites: chocolates, cheeses, snack foods; or pick a culinary theme — like Thai spices, condiments, canned and dry goods — and a cookbook
- gift cards or homemade coupons for dinner or lunches out at local restaurants
- a food of the month club (cheeses, fruits, steaks, etc!)
- a gift basket of coffee or teas; add accessories like flavored sugars, syrups or honey; mugs; coasters
- wine, beer or alcohol; along with specialized drink glasses, bar implements, appropriate mixers or olives
- drink of the month clubs (beer, wine, tequilas, etc!)
- books or magazine subscriptions
- tickets to a local show or sporting event
- Pick up an iTunes or Amazon gift card. These digital stores are full of apps, music, audiobooks, movies and more.
- A coupon for a date night
- a get-away weekend
- free babysitting for friends with kids
Small package with Big Impact
- favorite perfume
- a Christmas ornament commemorating a big event (new baby, new house, just married, etc.)
- Gift Cards are always a sure-fire hit. They can even be personal – pick one up from a store or restaurant your loved one likes to frequent.
Hopefully these tips will help you quickly cross off your Christmas shopping list. Although this time of year can be a bit hectic, be sure to keep in mind what is most important – spending time with your loved ones. From all of us at Willow Creek Crossing Apartments in Fort Wayne, have a very happy holiday.