Tips for Saving Money on Your Apartment Heating Bill
Save Money on Your Apartment’s Heating Bill This Winter
With the temps in the single digits, now is a good time to give some thought about keeping your heating bill low and saving some money. Here are a few tips to help you keep yourself and your apartment warm this Winter while lowering your heating bills.
- Cover window and patio doors with clear plastic film — it’s cheap, it’s designed to go on easily without harming trim, and it’s easy to remove once warm weather arrives again. Because even the best windows and doors can let the cold in.
- Keep the curtains or blinds on South-facing windows open during the day to let in as much sunlight as possible.
- Keep the curtains closed over windows that don’t let in sunlight
- Move furniture or other obstructions away from registers to help the heat flow better.
- Attach air directors to floor registers to move the heat toward the middle of the room.
- Turn the thermostat down before you leave the house and before you go to bed at night.
- Avoid using exhaust fans which quickly suck the heat out of your apartment.
- After showering, open the bathroom door to let the warm air circulate.
- Break out the comfy sweaters, socks, and cuddly blankets and try keeping the thermostat set a couple of degrees lower than usual
Every little bit can help to save you money on heating costs. Wishing you a safe and warm Winter from all of us at Willow Creek Crossing Apartments!